Zion Care Services LLC is a service provider registered in Minnesota to provide Home and Community-Based Services to people 65 and over, people living with disabilities and people who need rehabilitation and integration into the community.
Zion Care Services is licensed to provide Independent Living Skills Training. Individual Community Living Skills, Rehabilitation Support, and Employment Services, with a goal to maintain normal relationships with their families and friends, live independent lives, engage in employment, and participate in their various communities.
Zion Care Services is currently looking for a part time Caseworker willing to work 15-20hrs every week.
- Provides direct care to those with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Performs personal care tasks, including assistance with basic personal hygiene and grooming, and health care related tasks to seniors.
- Fosters positive relationships between caretakers and individuals served.
- Ensures client safety and maintaining a safe environment.
- Reminds and assists clients with self-administration of medications (with proper training).
- Encourages self-help activities; assist clients with ADL
- Performs home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, bed making, and cleaning.
- Create daily schedules and plans for clients
- Help set individual goals and track client progress, noting any drastic changes; report findings to superiors
- Encourage individual skill development and work towards community integration
- Assist with shopping for groceries, preparing and serving food/meals, feeding and clean-up.
- Accompanies clients to scheduled appointments and transports clients or running errands for clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working hours at Zion Care Services is from 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday. ZCS respects all federally mandated holidays
Direct Support Professional Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to write reports and document billable hours
- Communication skills (verbally and written) with all levels of personnel, internal and external to the company
- Department of Human Services background clearance
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of auto insurance required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and verbally
- Ability to handle physical aspects of job, including bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching, and walking for periods of time
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- 2 year college degree or diploma
- 2-3 years of prior experience in a related field and the ability to work well independently
- 18 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- ZCS will provide the unique growth opportunity and work experience for those interested in contributing to the growth of a new company. ZCS is an EOE/AA.
ZC will provide a unique growth opportunity and work experience for those interested in contributing to the growth of a new company. ZCS is an EOE/AA.